Skip to Content
Situated within Massey University’s Institute of Education, Tātai Angitu e3@Massey is entering an exciting state of its evolution and we need the support of an exceptional Senior Administrator. Reporting to the Coordinating Director | Kaihautū Matua you will deliver excellent services for the unit, including executive support for contracts and projects, human resource functions and financial processes, general administration and operational management.
|Term:||Fixed Term of 24 Months|
|Salary:||$41,443 - $61,112 pa|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 25 February 2018|
Tātai Angitu offers high-quality dynamic professional learning, development and support designed to respond to the needs of the education sector. We support lifelong and life-wide learning through actively linking knowledge with opportunities and need to support teachers and leaders, and ultimately, learners. We do this through large Government-funded contracts, short courses, bespoke solutions for early childhood education services, schools and communities. We work in New Zealand and overseas, particularly in the Pacific.
We are looking for just the right person to join our team. Do you thrive in complex environments, able to juggle various tasks at one time, balance a range of operational functions and look after critical details whilst maintaining an eye on the "big picture"?
The role is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) two year fixed term position starting as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of highly motivated professionals who are dedicated to providing exemplary services and contracts that improve educational outcomes for all.
If you are ready to further your career and join us in making a difference then submit your application via our careers page http://massey-careers.massey.ac.nz/Default.aspx. It is intended that interviews will be conducted 1 or 2 March 2018. For those requiring further information or a confidential discussion please contact Ms Maree Brannigan Coordinating Director | Kaihautū Matua, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Administrator | provides excellent human resource, financial and contractual support for Tātai Angitu’s management team. This includes design and continuous improvement of office systems, operation processes and associated databases to ensure office and project administration functions are efficient and effective.
Coordinating Director | Kaihautū Matua
Previous experience as a senior administrator for a minimum of two years is required. A tertiary qualification would be an advantage.
A current full New Zealand drivers licence.
• Provision of administration support and operations for multiple staff working in complex environments
• Sound understanding of HR and related policies and practices
• Experience in budget preparation, day to day financial processes and, monitoring and reporting of financial information
• Experience with formal contract processes, particularly central government funded contracts
• Demonstrated leadership of administration functions, including team and direct report management
• Previous experience in executive support would be an advantage
• Experience within the tertiary and/or education sector would be an advantage
• Demonstrated excellence in the use of Microsoft Office 365 products is required
• Ability to thrive under pressure in a swiftly changing environment and deal with conflicting demands
• Demonstrate an inclusive approach and personal commitment to working within a Treaty-based organisation in line with the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
• Strong client focus, with attention to results, adding value and continuous improvement
• Excellent time management skills
• Initiative, innovation, flexibility
• Strong interpersonal skills featuring the ability to achieve results with people of diverse ages, cultures, backgrounds and needs
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and display discretion/sound judgment
• Ability to prioritise and work accurately and efficiently to complete tasks and meet multiple deadlines
• Financial literacy
• Requirement to pass a Credit History Check performed by Veda Advantage Personal Information Services.
• Requirement to pass a Criminal and Traffic Convictions (Security) check performed by the Ministry of Justice and police vetting under the Vulnerable Children’s Act