Skip to Content
If you enjoy ensuring people have an event they will remeber, then Massey University's Whareta Function Centre has the perfect full time position for you. As a busy 7 day hospitality unit we host a full range of evening and weekend events, weddings and celebrations, both small and large.
|Salary:||$40,500 - $54,500 Hospo IEA|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 27 June 2018|
Massey University's Wharerata Function Centre is one of Manawatu's premiere venues for all types of celebrations, dinners and events.
The customer Service team is looking for a Coordinator who has business developemnt experience and has great customer skills. Someone who understands the importance of ensuring clients needs are exceeded and everyone leaves having had a first class hospitality experience.
While formal qualifications are not essential, demonstration of a highly developed personality and communication skills with a client focus, are the essential qualities for this full time (40 hours per week) position.
As the leader of a service team the Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to motivate staff and act as a role model both in attitude, service skills and work ethic.
Assist in the delivery of all functions so that they meet or exceed customers’ expectations and contribute to the reputation and success of Wharerata as a preferred functions venue in the Manawatu. .
Customer Service Manager
•Customer Relations and Business Development: -
Maximise the conversion of business opportunities by undertaking a planned approach to expanding the Wharerata market.
Identify the need for new products and services that will enhance the current product portfolio.
• Demonstrates the highest level of customer service by acting as the key staff member managing the function so that the customer’s needs are anticipated, met or exceeded.
• Recognizes the style and type of each event and adapts service priorities to ensure total client satisfaction.
• Creates working arrangements with external suppliers of goods and services required to fulfill customers’ needs. This includes the decorative requirements, performers and technical equipment.
• Acts a skilled Functions Supervisor to oversee the effective and efficient staging of functions, both large and small.
• Ensures that all aspects of all functions are delivered as specified in the function plan, either personally or by delegation. This includes pre function preparation ( eg signage, room setting and ambience) through the delivery to the clear up and any resetting of the venue.
• Directs the delivery and timing of each service component, coordinating staffing activity, overseeing and monitoring service quality, & promptly responding to and resolving contingencies and problems as they arise.
• Carries out the Duty Managers role at events that include alcohol service.
• Professionally and unobtrusively monitors client satisfaction during functions.
• Receives complaints and accolades in a professional manner, and consults with the Customer Service Manager where significant action is required
•Staff Management: -
• Provides sound leadership, instilling Wharerata expectations/culture for staff performance and customer service.
• Acts as a role model demonstrating the highest standards of presentation, service and communication.
• If required provides on the job training for identified staff development.
• Resolves staffing issues and problems as they arise, or reports them to the Customer Service Manager as soon as is practical.
Undertake any other duties as required and agreed at the appropriate time.
Preferred but not essential:
NZQA Food and Safety 167
Bar Manager’s Certificate
Experience in initiating and following a business development plan
Experience in hosting hospitality functions including weddings and other large functions
Experience in managing staff.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Highly customer focused and a proven ability to meet clients needs
Ability to stage significant hospitality functions
Ability to coordinate multiple activities under pressure and tight time constraints
Sets high personal and professional work standards
Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment and goals