Skip to Content
Interested in working in an exciting and innovative environment, inspiring prospective students to meet their full potential? We’re looking for someone who loves to engage and wants to make a difference.
|Salary:||$57,806 - $82,182 pa|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 27 July 2018|
Massey University is an innovative, self-reliant, outward-facing institution committed to defining our future. We enable our students to be creative, connected and innovative contributors to society. We are a research-led university that is committed to the application of knowledge.
The Student Recruitment team is responsible for promoting Massey to achieve domestic recruitment objectives. This role is your opportunity to play an important part in the team, primarily focusing on the post-graduate market, while enjoying a new level of success in your career.
What it involves;
• Working closely with the PVC’s, Programme Directors, Marketing, Web, PR, Communications and the Student Recruitment Team
• It’s a multi-faceted challenge that will see you play a lead role in providing robust and insightful analysis and guidance to colleges and departments in the area of post-graduate student recruitment and engagement
• From imparting specialist expertise in key areas such as - the promotion of new and current courses, and on any other activities aimed at recruiting high-quality post-graduate students
• Expect to also be heavily involved in mid to large-scale events on and off campus.
What you need to be successful in appointment;
• A strategic and creative thinker with a can-do attitude, able to quickly adapt to and meet challenges
• Proven experience working as part of a highly motivated team and gaining the respect of peers and stakeholders
• Project management skills and ability to inspire colleagues from across departments and colleges
• Tertiary qualified with a full New Zealand drivers license
It goes without saying that you’ll also have excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills enabling cross-functional co-operation and an ability to command respect and confidence across the university and with industry and community partners. If you are ready to attract and engage great people who want to make a difference apply now.
Student postgraduate recruitment is a key focus for Massey University and, in a lot of instances provides the face of the university. This role requires an enthusiastic results-driven person to develop strong relationships with key and new stakeholders to increase the profile and reputation of the university among prospective students leading to quality student enrolments.
Student Recruitment Manager
• With the Student Recruitment Manager, develop and implement meaningful and measurable account management plans for the Māori postgraduate and Distance markets and iwi relationships. These plans will detail the goals of the relationship and the tactics to be employed to achieve the goals, and align with university strategy.
• Manage a portfolio of iwi, industry partnerships and communities that have been identified as strategically significant for the university. Develop and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders within these industry partnerships to gain increased access to required Māori postgraduate students and increase the profile and reputation of the university with students.
• Implement initiatives as part of management plans that provide timely engagement opportunities for prospective Māori postgraduate students that showcase Massey's expertise and communicate positive and relevant messages about Massey contributing to the reputation of the university.
• Build relations and contribute to networks of student recruitment and marketing representatives from other institutions, developing knowledge of sector best practice.
• To be responsible for lead generation through all Māori postgraduate student recruitment activities, and ensure all details are used in the best way possible to convert all potential leads.
• To work with colleagues within External Relations in using market research to increase our understanding of the Māori market for Massey University’s taught and research courses.
• To carry out market research to identify suitable events, liaising and coordinating with departments, colleges and sections (for example, International Office, Scholarship office, Careers, etc) across Massey University
• Identify opportunities, and build relationships with appropriate industries and community groups to promote the offerings of PaCE, and general university qualifications.
• Develop and deliver 4 initiatives a year, which are targeted at the Māori Postgraduate and Distance markets.
• Develop and deliver 2 initiatives a year, which are targeted at iwi.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships within External Relations, Colleges and campus teams to facilitate an integrated recruitment approach.
• Support the Student Recruitment Manager and the wider External Relations team as and when required.
• Identify new opportunities for Massey engagement.
• Utilise student ambassadors, graduates, alumni for events and presentations, providing information and resources necessary to complete their required task.
• Co-ordinate Massey's presence at strategic postgraduate recruitment events, and participate in other university events where necessary.
• Conduct large group presentations, as well as individual meetings.
• To provide specialist assistance and guidance to departments and colleges in the area of postgraduate student recruitment and marketing, e.g the promotion of new and current courses, and on any other activities aimed at recruiting high-quality postgraduate students.
Maintain product knowledge
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Massey University's range of programmes, points of difference and student experience information.
• Deliver accurate and timely information about Massey University, specific programmes and the enrolment process to prospective students and industry partners.
• A willingness to undertake training and development in key areas of the business.
• Undertake required administrative tasks.
• Perform other relevant duties as required.
• Postgraduate tertiary qualification desirable
• Undergraduate tertiary qualification essential
• Full New Zealand drivers licence essential
• An understanding of Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga is desirable
• Demonstrated a capacity for providing advice, and a proven track record of developing strong and effective Māori relationships in the achievement of strategic outcomes.
• Experience of working in a Māori focused role, often working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• The ability to present to, and engage, a range of Māori audiences.
• Experience with iwi engagement or tertiary education sectors an advantage.
• Proven experience working as part of a highly motivated team and gaining the respect of peers and stakeholders.
• Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to follow and contribute to a strategic plan.
• Experience of business development.
• Experience of leading large-scale events.
• University knowledge and experience is advantageous, but not essential.
• Proven ability to establish and develop effective relationships with industry, communities, community groups and internal stakeholders would be an advantage.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as autonomously.
• The ability to focus on the required outcome with the foresight to recognise and prioritise activities that will allow effective achievement of goals.
• Excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills enabling cross-functional co¬operation and an ability to command respect and confidence across the university.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of developing and implementing robust processes and procedures for activity undertaken by the role.
• Ability to produce management reports to measure return on investment and value for money on all activity.
• Ability to manage projects to time and within budget.
• A strategic and creative thinker with a can-do attitude, able to quickly adapt to and meet challenges.
• Attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative.
• A proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• An understanding of and willingness to live and champion the Massey brand.