Fitness Instructor (G337-18CA)Operations, Operations, International and University Registrar
You can have your dream job and Christmas holidays too! Apply now but don't start till after the New Year!!
|Salary:||$37,087 - $54,787 pa|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 25 November 2018|
This is fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate interested in moving full time in to the fitness industry.
Whilst fitness training background will be held in high regard we are seeking someone with great interpersonal skills who can encourage and motivate our members. You will contribute to daily and weekly administration so will have good computer literacy and gain the opportunity to learn all elements of operating a fitness facility.
Our opening hours are between 6am -9pm Mon- Fri and work load is allocated on a roster basis. This particular opportunity will commence on an late morning/ early evening shift.
Whilst successful applicants will be interviewed once the position has closed start date for the successful candidate will be early January 2019
To provide outstanding customer service at reception and on the gym floor through a high level of interaction with members and visitors, adding value to their fitness and exercise experience.
Provide Fitness Support and Instruction
• Ensure the gym is a friendly and welcoming place to exercise.
• Train and assist members as required.
• Complete and contribute to projects as set by the management team.
• Comply with the Exercise NZ Code of Ethics.
• Continually up-skill fitness and exercise knowledge.
Reception and Gym Floor Duties
• Provide a high level of customer service and welcome all users to the gym, ensuring to check user memberships.
• Provide a friendly, proactive, efficient and accurate front line service for: membership sales, retail sales, and any other programmes as required by the Gym Manager or the Recreation Manager. This includes telephone and email enquiries.
• Provide prompt resolution of any customer concerns or refer on to the Manager.
• Promote upcoming Fitness, Sport and Recreation events to members and visitors to the facility.
• Comply with gym’s Health, Safety, Emergency and Accident procedures and documenting incidents as necessary.
• Completion of tasks on the daily maintenance checklist and all other administrative tasks as required by the Gym Manager or the Recreation Manager.
• Contribute to a positive team experience within the gym and the wider Sport and Recreation department.
• Comply with the appropriate Massey University Employment Agreement, Health and Safety Procedures, and Policy on Staff Conduct.
All staff are required to contribute to the daily administrative and operational tasks of the facility (training is provided in each area). These tasks may include (but are not limited to):
• Banking: Co-manage the bi-weekly banking remittances to Treasury and Student Central.
• Membership Coordination: In conjunction with the Gym Manager, ensure membership cancellations and holds are completed in a timely manner and to an acceptable and agreed standard, ensuring the both the gym’s revenue and the client experience is not compromised.
• Coordination of Retail and Consumable: Monitor retail and consumables stock levels; Order retail and consumables stock as necessary; Maintain a positive and productive relationship with representatives of retail suppliers; Perform a monthly stock take on all retail products.
• Coordination of Fitness Equipment Repairs: Upon request or approval form the Gym Manager, organize the repairs and maintenance of Fitness Equipment with agreed suppliers and coordinate payments.
• Current Comprehensive First Aid Certificate is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and/or Sport Science is useful.
• National Certificate in Fitness Level 3 (Exercise Consultant) is desirable but may be offered through on-job training.
• In addition to your core responsibilities as described above, you may be invited to undertake and develop a Personal Training business outside of your rostered shift time if you are a REPs Registered Personal Trainer. Personal training is subject to the current Personal Training policy.
Personal attributes and behaviours
Attributes and Skills:
• A high standard of organisational skills and time management.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a high level of initiative.
• A high standard of personal integrity, discretion, tact, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Aptitude for identifying opportunities for improving performance.
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office products.
• Excellent face-to-face, email and telephone communication skills.
Working Day Pattern
This is a service based role, which requires the employees to be available to work during any period of the facilities opening hours. The primary shifts this particular role involve either:
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm (includes a 30min meal break) Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 9:00pm (includes a 30min meal break) Weekend work may also be required.
The roster may alternate on a weekly basis, and may vary with seasonal changes in workload. Management will attempt to create a roster that meets the employees outside of work commitments, however, there is an expectation that the candidate is available to undertake shifts as directed by the Gym Manager.