Skip to Content
An experienced, pro-active Administrator is required to provide high quality administrative support to Doctoral Students, Doctoral Supervisors, and the Doctoral Research Committee.
|Term:||Fixed Term of 12 Months|
|Salary:||$40,911 - $60,328 pa|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 5 March 2017|
|Additional Information:||Criminal Convictions Form.pdf|
Massey University has over 900 students enrolled in a Doctoral degree across our three campuses. The Graduate Research School (GRS) within the office of Research & Enterprise, assisted by the Doctoral Research Committee (DRC) works closely with the International Students Office and Colleges with respect to the administration of Doctoral students.
We are now seeking an experienced, pro-active Administrator for a fixed term period to provide administrative support for doctoral degrees including receiving and processing all applications for Doctoral degrees; managing enrolments; monitoring candidatures; and arranging Doctoral examinations.
You will need to be able to work in a team environment, have a strong customer service focus, ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, have excellent organisational skills, written communication skills and time management. You must be innovative, display initiative and problem solving ability, be able to multi-task and understand and report complex information.
To be successful in appointment to this opportunity it is essential you have;
• Previous administrative experience preferably within the tertiary sector
• Experience undertaking Committee secretarial duties and support
• Knowledge of tertiary programme structures and principles
• Advanced database and Microsoft Office skills
If you match the requirements of this role and are looking for a full time opportunity to join us in making a difference then apply now.
The purpose of this position is to provide high quality administrative support relating to Doctoral Students, Doctoral Supervisors, and the Doctoral Research Committee.
Manager, Graduate Research School
Internal relationships with:
Doctoral Student Supervisors
Dean, Research & Researcher Development
Chair, Doctoral Research Committee
Doctoral Research Committee Members
Research & Enterprise staff
College Postgraduate Directors
Heads of Academic Unit
Academic Unit Postgraduate Coordinators and Administrators
Director and Team Leaders in Student Administration, Massey Contact, Information Technology Services
External Relations with
External Doctoral Supervisors
• Previous administrative experience is essential, preferably within the tertiary sector
• Committee secretarial duties and support
• Familiarity with database systems and reporting
• Experience with office administration and procedures at an intermediate or higher level
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to relate easily and professionally to a diverse range of students, staff and external persons, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
• Strong customer service focus
• Ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders
• A systematic approach, attention to detail and confidentiality are essential
• Knowledge of tertiary programme structures and principles, or a capacity to acquire such knowledge
• Change management and process improvement
• The ability to develop an understanding of Doctoral Regulations and overall working knowledge of the Graduate Research School
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to analyse, understand and report complex information
• Initiative and problem solving ability
Requirement to pass a Criminal and Traffic Convictions (Security) Check performed by the Ministry of Justice