Skip to Content
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Test Analyst, this role will have a guiding hand in shaping and implementing our automation test processes.
|Salary:||$67,109 - $94,304 pa|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 28 January 2018|
|Additional Information:||Criminal Check.pdf|
We are seeking an energetic and highly organised person to undertake Senior Test Analyst duties within a large portfolio of projects and BAU development undertaken by Information Technology Services (ITS). This is a key role designed to ensure we deliver high quality systems to our users.
You will be responsible for the end to end testing lifecycle including defining the scope of testing, designing test specifications and scripts, undertaking the testing and providing detailed reporting of test outcomes. As a Senior Test Analyst you will also be expected to mentor other Test Analyst in the team and provide support and guidance to users undertaking UAT
Ideally you will have proven Senior Test Analyst experience with a deep understanding of testing methodologies, tools and strategies. This is a Senior Role and a minimum of 4+ years’ experience is required along with a recognised testing qualification such as ISTQB.
This position is a permanent role based in Palmerston North. If you have an eye for detail and enjoy establishing and following best-practise methodologies, can prioritise tasks and work under pressure when the role calls for it, we would really like to hear from you.
To provide Senior Testing and QA services for software application business as usual development and enhancements, project based software development and third party application implementation projects
Quality Assurance Manager
o Define the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery.
o Deploying and managing the appropriate testing framework to meet the testing mandate.
o Writer of test design specifications
o Testing process management
o Develop and maintain comprehensive test scripts and plans.
o Undertake testing.
o Implementing and evolving appropriate measurements and metrics to be applied against the product under test.
o Diagnose and report errors and issues with business requirements and functional specifications encountered during testing.
o Participate as required in identifying the solution for resolving faults and user issues identified during testing.
o Provide advice and assistance to business users with all types of testing performed in User Acceptance testing.
o Take ownership of the quality of solution deliverables, including performing any testing or audits required to ensure developed solutions meet agreed functional and non-functional requirements after completion of user acceptance testing and before going to Production.
o Collaborate effectively with project managers, business analysts and systems development teams as required during the build and test phases of the project.
o Responsible for conducting interface operational testing
o Responsible to ensure that all testing is thorough and complete and meets the Project’s standards at all times.
o Communication of any issues in a timely manner.
• Work Management
o Self-manage own workload to meet agreed deadlines.
o Provide appropriate feedback to the Project Manager and Development Manager.
o Manage a variety of tasks concurrently and show flexibility of work patterns in order to meet timeframes and delivery.
• Relationship Management
o Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
o Liaison with external organisations where required.
o Contribute positively to the team environment to allow individual and team goals to be met.
o Facilitate strong communication channels between the team and key IT and business contacts.
o Build productive internal and external relationships that are essential to delivering quality products and services.
• A tertiary qualification is a requirement in Software Engineering Information Technology or similar or equivalent experience is a requirement.
• A recognised testing qualification is a requirement e.g. ISTQB.
• ITIL certification is desirable.
• Minimum 4+ years testing experience with exposure to different testing tools.
• Proven experience in full life cycle testing including requirements review and analysis, test preparation, test execution and incident management.
• Experience or knowledge of automation test tools.
• Proven experience in software testing, methodologies and strategies. In particular waterfall and agile.
• Experience in load, performance and stress testing is desirable.
• Experience in a large IT site is desirable.
• A working knowledge of SQL is desirable.
• Experience using a variety of communication, co-ordination and liaison skills.
• Proven experience in bug/defect tracking tools.
• Proven experience as a Senior Test Analyst on medium to large scale initiatives.
• Proven experience in test estimations.
• Current knowledge of technology solutions and trends.
• Proven experience in systems application testing using test scripts based on scenarios developed in conjunction with end users.
• Proven leadership and mentoring qualities
• Builds excellent customer service relationship
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• A strong commitment to client focused service provision
• Willingness to be contactable and work out of hours as necessary