Skip to Content
Are you passionate about well-managed projects that deliver quality outcomes for teachers and children in Aotearoa New Zealand? We need an experienced Business Operations Manager to deliver excellent contract management, financial and operational services in our education sector Professional Learning team.
|Location:||Palmerston North or Albany|
|Term:||Fixed Term of 2 Years|
|Salary:||$57,064 - $81,127 pa|
|Applications close:||11:45 p.m. on 23 October 2017|
|Additional Information:||Credit Check.pdf|
He kura tangata, he tangata kura!
He tūranga e wātea ana ki Te Kura o te Mātauranga. Mēnā ka whakaae koe ki te kaupapa whakahaere nei, tēnā tukua mai tō tono!
Massey University’s Tātai Angitu and Institute of Education bring together client, scholarly, professional, sector, community and whānau interests in rich communities of education practice and professional development. For over twenty years we have been providing high-quality professional learning and development for early years, primary, secondary and Māori immersion settings throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
What we are looking for
We are in an exciting stage of growth and need a talented Business Operations Manager to ensure our Professional Learning and Development contracts and trading functions are viable, consistent, well managed and sustainable through the coordination of planning, budgets, proposals, contracts, deliverables, data gathering and analysis, and reporting. To be considered for this position you have:
• minimum of five years’ experience in office administration, preferably with knowledge of accounting process practices and managing staff and teams
• Strong skills in Microsoft suite, particularly excel and outlook, and financial management and budgeting
• Experience in contract management and business administration with a track record in collaboration
• Experience in business planning, implementation, analysis, and reporting in an entrepreneurial environment
• A background of working in a large and complex environment would be an advantage.
What we can offer you
This is a full time two year fixed term position and an exciting opportunity to develop a new role in a field which is rich in variation and development. Whilst the preferred location for this appointment is Palmerston North, consideration will be given to those based in Auckland.
If you are ready to further your career and join us in making a difference then submit your application via our careers page http://massey-careers.massey.ac.nz/Default.aspx. It is expected we will interview for this role on 19 and 20 October 2017. For those requiring further information or a confidential discussion please contact Maree Brannigan, Coordinating Director, Tātai Angitu firstname.lastname@example.org
The key purpose of the Business Operations Manager PLD Kaiwhakarite Ngaio is to ensure PLD contracts and trading functions are viable, consistent, well managed and sustainable through the coordination of planning, budgets, proposals, contracts, deliverables, data gathering and analysis, and reporting.
The role contributes as part of the PLD team to consolidate, strengthen and grow Institute of Education and Tātai Angitu activities and business in the PLD contracts and services workstream.
Leader PLD Kaihautū Ngaio
Contract Operations & Financial Management:
• Maintain operational oversight of current PLD contracts, including variation processing, reporting compliance and service/financial performance and deliverables are achieved;
• Deliver effective and timely processing of procurement requirements of MoE PLD panel supply contract, including Statement of Work (SoW) processing, contract variations, subcontractor coordination and associated records management;
• Manage accurate and timely invoicing of SoW contracted to MoE PLD panel supply and other PLD contracts;
• Oversight of PLD travel processes including; audit of compliance with policy, processing reconciliations, reimbursements and invoicing, maintain up to date records and database;
• Contribute to annual budgets, prepare SoW budget authorities and internal financial modelling for existing and proposed PLD services and contracts;
• Contribute to funding proposals/applications;
• Update and maintain relevant internal guides and documented PLD Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Work with other Tātai Angitu and Institute of Education staff to achieve alignment/inclusion of PLD operations and finances within wider reports, plans and budgets; and
• Work effectively with unit and university central services to deliver efficient contract operations and financial processes.
• Maintain oversight of services (especially hours of contact) delivered to clients, aligning this to staff work plans and calendars and reconciled to deliverables, reporting and invoicing cycles; and
• Contribute to processes to monitor and review the participant experience and satisfaction to support performance accountability and reporting.
Staffing & HR Functions:
• Carry out functions to support the recruitment, induction, professional development and performance management of staff and contractors in the relevant area;
• Prepare and process contracting arrangements for new staff and subcontractors, in collaboration with university internal services and PLD leaders;
• Ensure PLD facilitation teams meet due diligence re accreditation, quality and accountability, teacher registration and Vulnerable Children’s Act clearance as required;
• Ensure all contracting and HR processes are compliant with University policies and procedures; and
• Provide sound management and support of direct reports.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, university staff and internal central services, staff in the Ministry of Education and other contracting agencies as required; and
• Ensure that data and information about current, past and potential clients is gathered and stored in line with Privacy Act obligations, Contractor obligations, and University policy.
• Understand the University Risk Framework and its application in operational and project risks; and
• Carry out processes to ensure PLD staff, contractors and partners meet obligations with regards to meeting responsibilities under the Health & Safety in Employment Act and the Vulnerable Children’s Act and maintain systems to achieve currency of the Massey PLD workforce.
• Undertake professional development appropriate to the position, participate in team meetings and university training opportunities as agreed/directed.
• Undergraduate degree in business management, administration or related is preferred
• Study towards a business qualification would be an advantage
• A current and full New Zealand Drivers Licence
• Office administrator with a minimum of five years’ experience, preferably with knowledge of accounting process practices and managing staff and teams.
• Extremely competent in Microsoft suite, particularly excel and outlook, and capability in online accounting and financial management (Tech One)
• Experience in contract management and business administration with a track record in collaboration and achieving results is required
• Demonstrated experience in business planning, implementation, analysis and reporting in an entrepreneurial environment
• Solid financial literacy, strong budgetary skills, and experience
• Knowledge of the in-service professional education market, delivery, and services would be an advantage
• A background of working in a large and complex environment would be an advantage
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills enabling multi-project capability essential
• Excellent oral, written, analytical and technical confidence and attention to detail
• Commitment to working within a Treaty Based Organisation
• Strong team-oriented skills, willing to be active team member, contributing to professional community and culture
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• A self-starter with a can-do attitude, able to quickly adapt and meet challenges, and prioritise, use initiative and respond positively in a quickly changing work setting
• Willingness and ability to travel, including overnight and possible extended stays away from home
• Requirement to pass a Credit History Check performed by Veda Advantage Personal Information Services.
• Requirement to pass a Criminal and Traffic Convictions (Security) check performed by the Ministry of Justice and police vetting under the Vulnerable Children’s Act.